Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's Resolution

I hate New Year's Resolutions...why you may ask? Because I seldom follow through with them! However, I am only making one at this point: I will attempt to update my blog on a regular basis. This is for those of you (and you all know who you are!!!) who give me grief about not showing off my kiddos. But also this is of course to show off my kiddos!!! So I will start with an update on our New Year's weekend.

Jeremy and I took a bit of time off and had a "staycation" this past weekend. This means that I did some much needed things around the house to feel much more and spent some much needed time with adult friends; Jeremy vegged out with his news radio, NPR book, and generally relaxed in the way he chose to (organizing the house does not relax him like it does me!). That is not to say we did not spend quite a bit of time together; we actually had a kid-free lunch and dinner each day, sat on the couch next to each other with no 2yo in between us, and had adult conversation that sometimes was not about the kidlets. All in all, it was a wonderful time! (In an aside, a HUGE thank you to the grandparents for keeping the kids for us to give us some much needed rest and time together!)

So for the first time in years, the blog is up-to-date...I have added pictures since Connor's birth and will try to do better. For others who know me well, you can also click on the Yah-Yah King Xanga link to see more frequent updates!

2 comments:

Jennifer and Mark Kiel said...

HEY AMBER!! Yay for updating the blog! I love all the pics of your sweet boys. They are growing up so fast. I hope you're doing well. Maybe we can try and get together for lunch sometime soon. I would love to see you. Take care!
Love, Jenn

Amber and Jeremy said...

We are doing well and I love seeing pictures of your beautiful three! We definitely need to get together soon...I miss you! Hope all is well. Email me on my gmail account since now I check it quite often.
Love you,
Amber